Located on on Kensington Road, Raw Eatery & Market uses fresh local ingredients in healthy recipes by esteemed Nutritionist Megan Pope.
Photos by Dylan leeder
Raw Eatery and Market opened its doors during the summer of 2016 in the heart of Kensington Village in Calgary, Alberta.
Together Ali Magee and Megan Pope have explored the varieties of Canadian grown foods and have come to learn the potential of these treasures are unlimited. With abundances of ethically produced nourishment sprouting in the backyards of our cities, they are making it our mission to see that regional farms are given justice against a market saturated with imports.
Along with food creations, Raw is excited to employ sustainable initiatives that naturally conjoin with eating locally produced plant based foods. We want to create a community where everyone can feel proud about their day-to-day choices, support one another, and promote positive social change.
1145 Kensington Crescent, NW
DRINKS AND TREATS
*desserts menu rotates, and treats are available as supplies last.
Purchase tickets: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/mindful-dinnermovie-night-tickets-28927603240?aff=es2
Purchase tickets: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/halloween-bend-and-brunch-tickets-28469799938?aff=efbevent
Purchase tickets here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/fall-bend-brunch-tickets-27715417560
Services Provided by Megan Pope, graduate of University of Alberta's Nutrition and Food Science.
Initial Nutrition Assessment
60 minutes, $60
- Individual one-on-one sessions to discuss health history and future health goals.
45 minutes, $50
- Identify successes and challenges
- Work to rebuild or build onto existing wellness plan.
90 minutes, $80
- Work together to develop a 7-day meal plan which will consider health needs, ingredient preferences, and lifestyle.
Grocery Store Shop
45 minutes, $60
- Go through each aisle and decipher healthy choices and which items to choose less often
- Education on nutrition labels
- Education on items of choosing and how to incorporate new or existing healthy ingredients into meals
- Create effective strategies for future grocery shopping
1. Initial Assessment + 2 Follow-Ups
2. Initial Assessment + Meal Plan
3. Initial Assessment + 2 Follow-Ups + Meal Plan