These cookies use a tad more butter and sugar than normally found in restorative raw recipes.
A strong philosophy of ours is “everything in moderation”. While we do believe its important to maintain, overall, a healthy diet, its also necessary to have balance, and better yet, to truly enjoy those indulgent moments. Research actually suggests that the more you genuinely and thoughtfully enjoy your food, the better able our bodies are to digest, absorb, and assimilate nutrients.
So lets take a wee break from “healthy eating” and ENJOY these delicious stuffed and salted chocolate cookies.
Of course, we wouldn’t be Restorative Raw if we didn’t make at least some minor ingredient modifications- such as avocado to replace some butter, dates instead of so much refined sugar, and quinoa flour for added protein and fiber!
SALTED & STUFFED CHOCOLATE COOKIES
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 large avocado
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup quinoa flour
- 2/3 cup AP flour
- 10 medjool dates, pulsed with water to create paste.
- vanilla from 1 pod
- splash almond milk
- drizzle of honey
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup 2% greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp peanut butter, premixed with a splash of almond milk or water.
- 1.5 tbsp honey or other liquid sweetener
- pinch salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Mix together all stuffing ingredients and set aside.
- Melt butter in pan- once melted- remove from heat and add brown sugar.
- Add cocoa powder and eggs, mix well.
- Stir in baking powder, salt, and flour. Stir until smooth.
- Drizzle in honey or sweetener until desired sweetness.
- Chop chocolate and fold into batter.
- Spoon 12 balls onto greased baking sheet.
- Make indentation in each ball and fill with stuffing mix.
- Spread remaining batter on top and sprinkle with salt and sugar.
- Bake for 15 minutes